Tuesday 7 June 2011

Essay + English = ?

English has always been my weakest subject. Although I’m expose to this language every single day of my life since I was a kid. I believe this is caused by lack of interest in reading, writing and paying attention in class. What is worse is that the “high school essay writing method” doesn't even apply in university. I also have made many dedications to improve my English by reading books and writing more essays, but all have failed. I still have trouble reading books and writing essays. I personally don’t really mind writing essay. I struggle in writing essay, but they also put up a challenge for me. I also prefer to write an essay rather than read a book. With that being said, I believe it is important that university incorporated essay writing skills in first year English. By teaching the essay writing skills in early stages of university can help the student improve later on; since writing essay is essential in any study. In an essay, student demonstrates how they interrupt information from a source and be able to put in their own form without plagiarizing.

No comments:

Post a Comment