Tuesday 17 May 2011

Smokes get in your eyes

At the beginning of the song smokes gets in your eye, it reminds me of movies where everything is perfect. I can imagine a happy married couple living a joyful life together. The wife is doing chores and cooking for the husband, and the husband is bringing home food for the family. Once the artist starts singing, i felt that the mood change from being perfect into loneliness. In the line “yet today my love has flown away, i am without my love,” tells me that he was once in love but his love one left him. I thought the first part of the song about how madly in love he is, and how the smoke prevents you from seeing clearly. The second part is when his heart broken and now the smoke that was blocking his vision goes into your eyes causing him to cry. After listening to the lyrics repeatedly, i came across a message that the artist is trying to tell us. The message is when you fall in love, you may think it's true love, but there's a good chance that it's not because love blinds you, therefore metaphorically speaking “smoke gets in your eyes.”

No comments:

Post a Comment