Thursday 19 May 2011

Times of India

As I was browsing through the times of India, I stumbled upon a very interesting article. The article was titled “Lousy Driver: Men or Women?” From past experience, I always thought women are lousy drivers. I had been in four accidents in my life time as a passenger; while the driver was a lady. So from my experience I came to a conclusion that women are lousy drivers; but, the article proved me wrong. The article did a research in Britain and had found that men are worse drivers than women and are twice more likely to get into an accident. Normally, I would stop reading after the first paragraph simply because there is too much context or just really boring. Since this also concerns me, I looked further into the article. Some of the reason surprised me, because I would have never even thought of these reasons. In my opinion, it really ends up being what type of person you are behind the wheel. For example, are you easily distracted, or are you nervous while driving…etc? I believe all these traits are adjustable if the person realize his weakness and is willing to change. Personally I get distracted easily while listening to music and driving; by knowing this I prevent myself from listening to music while driving. However, not every driver realizes that. Therefore I strongly believe it is important that the government should increase the requirement for the road test to ensure everyone’s safety. It is better to be”safe than sorry”.

Another article that caught my attention was “How to be a fit 30 year old.” Surprisingly, i find some of their techniques to be quite unique. For example, eating Acai berries can reduce weight and helps you look more tone. I find this interesting because I can apply this idea while I’m dieting to lose body fat. Then I browsed further down the page to related link and stumbled upon a bodybuilding article. I find the bodybuilding article to be really inspiring. It tells the story of how Bobby Singh reached his goal and receive a goal medal in a bodybuilding competition. It gives me motivation to workout harder at the gym.

I find the site to be really fascinating and is filled with random article that I would never bother looking up on the web.

No comments:

Post a Comment